The Underground Construction Technology International Conference & Exhibition is now accepting program proposals for its industry-leading Educational Program.
Hurry! Deadline: May 1, 2014
The sessions provide information readily beneficial to an audience of contractors, owners and consulting engineers. The program is an interactive forum to share perspectives, present ideas and explore issues for the construction and rehabilitation of the underground piping infrastructure via both trenchless and open-cut methods.
- •UCT accepts only unique presentations. If this proposal has been previously presented or pending approval at another conference, UCT regretfully cannot accept your submission.
- Provide an explanation of your proposal (150 – 300 words).
- •Must be received by May 1, 2014 via e-mail (Word formats) or conventional mail.
- •Include a presentation title (brief is better).
- •Include the mission of the session: Who will be the audience for the session and why will they be interested in this presentation?
- •Must include complete name, title, company, address, phone, fax and e-mail of speaker(s) who will actually be attending and presenting; author(s) names also must be included.
- •All proposals will be peer reviewed and returned with comments by an independent UCT advisory committee.
- The UCT advisory committee will review proposals and notify the authors of acceptance once they are reviewed to ensure meaningful content. Presentations will be published in the conference proceedings and accepted papers must submit a copy of their presentation (via Word document or PowerPoint) for peer review no later than Sept. 27, 2014. Final papers must be submitted no later than Dec. 2, 2014. No presentations will be accepted without on-time submittal of proceedings materials.
- •Most sessions will be approx. 20 minutes for presentation, 5 minutes for Q&A. Requests for longer times (45 minutes of presentation and 10 minutes of Q&A) will be considered but the UCT advisory committees will make fi nal decisions regarding presentation lengths.
- Final presentations must be generic.
- •Proposals from contractors, utilities/owners and engineers rather than vendor-only sessions are strongly preferred. Interested vendors are encouraged to partner and support such proposals.
- •Areas of focus: sewer, water, HDD, telecom, gas distribution, electric, alternative energy and damage prevention and safety.
- •Areas to be covered include (but are not limited to):
- •Case histories and project presentations;
- •New technologies;
- •Enhancements of current construction and rehabilitation equipment/methods;
- •Effective or new concepts for construction and rehab equipment/methods;
- •Emerging industry trends, issues and concerns; and
- Damage prevention and safety.
Send proposals to:
Robert Carpenter or Traci Read
UCT Educational Program
P.O. Box 941669, Houston, TX77094-8669
For courier delivery:
1160 Dairy Ashford Street, Suite 610, Houston, TX 77079
(281) 558-6930; FAX (281) 558-7029