CUIRE Training Schools
The Center For Underground Infrastructure Research and Education (CUIRE) is offering half-day Trenchless Technology Inspector Training And Certification Schools on Sunday and Monday, Jan. 29-30, 2017 at the Omni Hotel in Fort Worth, TX. The certification schools are designed specifically for personnel in the underground utilities construction and rehabilitation industry such as public officials, engineers, utility company personnel, designers, utility owners/operators and contractors who are involved with constructing, renewing and managing utilities. This year’s program includes two full-day schools; Geotechnical and Advanced HDD. Course instruction will be provided by notable industry experts. Credit is granted through the University of Texas at Arlington. All rates are per person/per school.
- Each ½ day school qualifies for 0.4 CEU and 4 PDHs. Rates: $195 before Dec. 1, $295 after Dec. 1. On-site (day of the school) registration is $350.
- One, full-day school qualifies for 0.8 CEUs and 8 PDHs. Rates: $395 before Dec. 1, $495 after Dec. 1 and $550 on-site. Registration includes the Trenchless Technology Book!
- Two, full-day schools qualify for 1.6 CEUs and 16 PDHs. Rates: $695 before Dec. 1, $795 after Dec. 1 and $850 on-site. Registration includes the Trenchless Technology Book!
For more information regarding these Schools and to register, contact CUIRE at (817) 272-9177 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, Jan. 29, 2017
8:00 a.m. – Noon
- Geotechnical School, Part 1– Geotechnical requirements for both trenchless and open-cut applications, soft soils and rock investigations methods, and how ground conditions will impact trenchless feasibility and productivity.
- Pipe School – Applications, advantages and limitations of each type of pipe, such as steel, ductile iron, vitrified clay, PVC, HDPE, fiberglass, etc., and new developments in pipe materials and joining systems.
- Geotechnical School, Part 2 – Planning, geotechnical reporting, and contracting requirements for trenchless technologies for different ground conditions.
- Mud School for Trenchless Technology – This session will cover everything attendees need to know to properly mix and apply drilling fluids for trenchless applications, including spoil removal and lubrication applications.
- Horizontal Auger Boring and Pipe Ramming School – Planning, design, construction of conventional pipe jacking and horizontal auger boring, along with pipe ramming.
Monday, Jan. 30, 2017
8:00 a.m. – Noon
- Advanced Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) School – Part 1 – Planning and design of large, mid- and small-size HDD projects from inception to closeout and delivery. The school will include talks on pipe loads, bore planning, drilling fluids and case studies.
- Pipe Lining and Renewal School – Covered topics include CIPP and pipe lining methods. The school will also cover planning, design, construction, inspection and QA/QC.
- Advanced Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) School – The second part of this full-day school will include construction projects of all sizes, plus tracking, locating and case studies.
- Pilot Tube and Microtunneling School – This school will emphasize planning, design and construction of pilot tube microtunneling, and will includes case studies.